Leading with Grace & Resilience
- A 4-Day Women’s Leadership Retreat
Learn to Stand Tall in Your Femininity While you Lead
You are a women in a leadership position and you would like to express what your intuition is telling you: to integrate a heartfelt and more humane approach in the way you lead. Bring heart to business. Bring yourself to business.
Intense 1:1 Coaching
15 Participants only
4 Nights & 5 Days
What you will learn in this Retreat
The Five Pillars of Grace & Resilience
The five pillars of Grace & Resilience will teach you how to integrate the qualities and practices of what we call the ‘deep feminine’ with the’ deep masculine’ to create more humane corporate cultures and businesses that have a positive impact in the world. This whole person integral approach will support your flourishing in all areas of your life.
How to Acquire the Power of Self-Awareness
- Enabling you to observe your way of ‘being’ and ‘acting’ and the impact on others
- Revealing and transforming outdated beliefs and counter- productive behaviours you have adopted
- Dealing e ectively with your self-limiting beliefs, inner critic and saboteur
- Developing inner resources from which to draw a steady stream of self- esteem and a sense of your own value
How to Shift from Surviving to Flourishing
- Healing the past to move powerfully into the future
- Developing your capacities to sustain you on the journey – physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and life-purpose
- Enhancing your ability to self-regulate stress and build emotional resilience
- Developing your capacity to rise stronger from setbacks and challenges
How to build Core Presence
- Developing courage and skill to reveal, face and transform con ict and restore harmony
- Building the capacity to embody equanimity in stressful situations so you retain your strength and values
- Extending your sensory acuity to notice what is emerging in any situation and respond to what is needed with maximum effect
- Tapping into the potential and power of Grace
How to Create a Culture of Trust
- Developing new ways to communicate that honour di erence and the value of others’ worth and contribution
- Understanding the difference between ‘Force’ and ‘Power’ and how to embody and work with these two dynamics
- Expanding your capability to build authenticity and transparency into your organisational culture
- Experiencing the power of authentic listening to build safe and trusted relationship
How to Shape the Future
- Envisaging a vibrant and inspiring future for your life
- Acquiring courage, clarity and precision to address the critical issues that currently prevent breakthroughs in your enterpriseor organisation
- Developing the ability to translate your vision into reality
- Designing innovative and practical actions that build towards the future you envision
Karen Lee Downes
Karen fulfils her commitment and purpose by creating global initiatives of positive change for the fulfillment of human flourishing, business prosperity for a life sustaining future. She is motivated by her passion and commitment to change the systems and structures that no longer serve us.Read More
Dr. Scilla Elworthy
Scilla is a world-renowned Peace-Builder & Nobel Peace Prize nominee. She inspires leaders and policy-makers to talk more openly to their opponents by encouraging the kind of self-knowledge that keeps people from thoughtless violence or assisting in the destruction of the planet.Read More
Alexandra worked in fashion & film between different cultures across Europe and the US, developing a deep sense of visual beauty. Throughout this rich creative journey she has woven her studies of spiritual psychology, human consciousness and feminine leadership.Read More
Our Time together
Over these 4 days and 4 nights you will have the opportunity to restore your sense of hope and possibility, transform out-dated patterns of behaviour, develop the erce courage and presence needed to lead others and shape the future, express your full authentic self in your role as a leader and to leave with clarity of purpose and an action plan that will keep you on track.
Where we will be
Set amongst 42 acres of stunning private rural land the elegant and nurturing accommodation will support us in this deep work.
42 Acres is committed to providing locally sourced organic foods and ingredients that sustain the health and vitality of our bodies and the community.
42 Acres, Witham Friary, Frome, Somerset BA11 5HL
“I highly recommend the Grace and Resilience program for all women; especially those who have influence are in Leadership positions. This program is deeply regenerative and offers time and space and a well-crafted vessel, for leaders to have the much needed reflection and conversations that will have a profound impact on the systems in which we live & work.”Sona Lewincamp
Senior Leadership Coach & Consultant
"It has been life-changing and eye-opening for me to see myself differently and to watch other fabulous women step into their own power with love, fun, and strength. Seeing and feeling the processes and output have such an immediate impact has been incredible."Gwen Pinnington
Senior Consultant , Impact Solutions International
"Karen coached me over several months and helped me gain enormous clarity about my business vision, and build confidence and strategy to take it forward. She works with head and heart, from a place of deep inner awareness."Sophie Howarth
Writer and Entrepreneur, co-founder with Alain de Botton of The School of Life
"The Program is very well designed with a great balance between nurturing, theory and experiential learning. It really addresses all key areas of life and supports stepping into our greatness as well as what holds us back. I loved the level of detail and care and love - I felt special and cared for every step of the way."Amy Currant
Senior Consultant, Impact Solutions International
The Programme Stages & Pricing
We know shifting beliefs, altering paradigms and adopting new behaviours requires an ongoing effort that is best supported by a structure to sustain the active practice. We have designed this programme in stages to give you the exibility to participate in The Foundation programme as a stand-alone programme or continue on your development journey with coaching support and guidance, completing with the Consolidation stage.
By Karen Lee Downes, January 27, 2020 @ 9:00 am - January 31, 2020 @ 5:00 pm ,Read More
The Qualities of Grace & Resilience
Grace holds the beauty and strength of the deep feminine, that of devotion, intuition, inclusivity, listening and compassion enabling us to connect to what’s most important at the personal, organisational and societal levels and lead from that place.
Resilience holds the strength and potency of the masculine and requires us to consciously develop positive character strengths and virtues, to ensure we bring the best of ourselves to any situation even in the face of crisis, adversity and setback.
These two primary elements of Grace & Resilience coexist as a condition for dynamic, creative and constructive leadership.
In this safe and beautiful environment you will delve deeply into your own personal life and leadership questions that continue to disturb you and refuse to go away. The most common we hear from our clients:
- What is my true purpose and am I really living up to my full potential?
- How do I balance my commitment to make a difference in the world with the responsibility I have for my family?
- How can I deal with the anger, fear and heartache I feel when I see what is happening in the world?
- What must I overcome to have the courageous conversations I need to have with my peers and corporate leaders?
- How can I take my rightful place at the table, to influence and engage others?
- I know a better world is possible – What can I do to help create that?